Twelve Marios having Thanksgiving dinner. Talking over each other and generally having a good time.
I present to you A Very Mario Thanksgiving.
Just decided to make a comic and also add some links for artists. I’m just tired of that argument that people shouldn’t post their work online if they didn’t want it edited or stolen. Like, ok teaching abstinence to post online isn’t going to stop people that purposely claim other art as their own. It certainly doesn’t teach people HEY source your shit, don’t remove comments, or respect people and their work. If you’re telling me to stop posting my work, you’re just telling me to have an empty gallery/blog and that I “deserve” to have it stolen or edited if I post online. So, anyway decided to make this post.
Reminder: Just because you follow an artist and like their work - does NOT mean they owe you anything. Unless you PAID for a commission or something then we don’t owe you anything. We draw and create whatever we want. Respect that.
Don’t guilt trip anyone to make you something. AGAIN: WE DO NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING
HEY USEFUL LINKS
- hey my art got stolen help me out
- importance of sourcing
- Sourcing tutorial by candexo
- Source Pixiv Properly (i think you also need artist permission? I could be wrong)
- A TUTORIAL: WHY, WHAT IS, WHEN AND HOW TO SOURCE (WITH SOURCING TOOLS)
- do not remove comments…
- "How to remove watermarks from people’s art" comic by chikuto (please click it its a good comic)
- Do not remove the caption comic by Atokniiro
- Let’s quit commenting on art like this
- Complimenting Artist and trying not to beat yourself up in the process - There wasn’t a title for the comic but it’s by Playbunny
- Learn from younger artists - comic by curzec
- Don’t be a dick comic by kateordie (because reminder that artist are human beings and yeah just don’t be a dick)
- Respect when artists ask for commissions - comic by prismplague
- "But most of all, “Smug” is thinking that I, or any artist, owes you anything. We can make whatever we want, however we want to. I will keep making advertisements, I will keep making album covers, I will keep making posters for games and movies, I will keep making all that I’m hired to do and choose to take on, but I will also keep making fan art because despite the merit or value that you’ve decided it has — I want to — and that’s all the reason I need." - Sam Spratt responses to an Anon asking why he makes what he makes
I’ll probably add more links once I find some stuff I want to add. So, check this post once an awhile and maybe I’ll have it updated. Thanks for reading!
Former Ghibli animator Hiroshi Shimizu will be the animation director of Urbance TV series.
But the project still need support on Kickstarter :
HI!!! I’m gonna be animating a ~*sneeze animation*~ for my homework tonight (also I’m going to be doing turnarounds. and expression sheets. Possibly a dance animation??)
SO if you wanna watch me draw ridiculous inbetweens just stop…on by………..!!!!!! :^)